Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Thrift Finds

Saturday was 50% off day at our local thrift chain (Value Village). I went pretty big.

Julia Child says something about all the best people loving to eat, and I agree with her, but I also have a big spot in my heart for those who love to thrift. And those people, like you, who will read a blog post about thrift-will hunting.

We moved into a bigger place and so there is much more room for thrift treasures now. I've been wanting to nest into the new home a bit so was I much more organized than usual. I made a Pinterest board for ideas and then made a short list on my phone to stay focused. 

Big items I was looking for:
  • We bought a big dining room table and I'm day dreaming about setting it beautifully tasty food and great people...and also fun napkins, place mats, tablecloths, and centerpieces. Specifically, I wanted wooden bowls, a clear glass vase with an interesting shape, and colorful 70s vibe table linens.
  • Milk glass cups/bowls for house plants. Anyone in these Northern latitudes have luck with succulents through the winter? Maybe ferns would be better?
  • Nice looking baskets to contain my piles of things throughout the house.
  • Bedside lamp
  • Vintage planter
  • Big glass storage jars
  • Thin Dansk looking brass candlesticks, large hurricane jars for candles
Typically I am not this organized. Also, despite needing no clothing or footwear at all ever, I always do a lap through the sweaters and skirts.

Below are the more photogenic of my thrift scores. Some of them were bought with a little DIY intention, so as I get them up to snuff I'll bore you with them here :) I did not find the candlesticks or hurricane jars. There are still piles of my things around so I guess I need more baskets than I found.



Success! Glass vase, place mats, wooden serving board. I picked those blueberries, it's the Pioneer Woman's Blueberry Muffin recipe with yogurt in it.
They made Ariel's bikini top into book ends! Or is it a bra if you are a mermaid since you are always swimming? Have not read any of these books yet, better get cracking.
That'll do lamp, that'll do.
This sweater is 100% wool and I washed it. However, Anchorage is having serious humidity these last few days, so it's not dry yet. Looking forward to that day sometime in October....

1 comment:

  1. We are fellow thrift lovers! Would love to see your dining table - we have a traditional set that expands to seat 12, but I'm always looking for ways to style it to be more mod!

    ReplyDelete