Sunday, July 10, 2016

Kincaid Beach

Kincaid

I'm traveling today, but in my mind I'm hanging at Kincaid Park. It's one of my favorite spots in Anchorage no matter the season. This picture was taken a few weeks back during an unseasonably warm stretch. Maddy and I walked down to the beach cut off and spent a few hours lounging in the sun with the only shadows coming when young eagles flew overhead. Maddy would bask in the hot sand and then wade in the ocean to cool off and then repeat.


Monday night I went to a different part of Kincaid and hiked through the dunes to see a deceased, beached Humpback whale. Maybe it's morbid but I was in awe of the size of the animal. There were many people there to pay their respects and see this creature out if water. I can't find any info yet about why this particular whale passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment